Thursday, July 9, 2009

GIMP!


I have been given a new label today, Gimp! I have issues with my lower back and my legs when I walk. I have recently started using a cane to alleviate some of the pressure I feel when walking. I only started using my cane recently. I use it when walking through a store.

Today we went to a bread outlet store. While David was paying for our items, I walked out to the car. I was standing beside the car leaning on my cane when a van went by and someone in the van yelled "gimp!" I stood there and watched the van proceed down the street. I noticed it had a Minnesota license plate. I immediately thought, "Minnesota nice at its best."

In the dictionary one of the meanings of the word gimp is - someone who is lame and limps when they walk. So I guess, according to the dictionary, I am a gimp. So do I get mad and have hurt feelings? Normally I would be upset; however, I found it amusing for some reason. I have been gimped. Maybe I was gimpified or was I gimping? Not sure. Anyway, to all those who have been labeled "gimp", I am one of you.

Have a Minnesota nice day!

1 comment:

  1. mmm, sorry to hear that! if I was there, I would have probably made things worse by yelling back :)

    ReplyDelete