Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Easy Non-Dairy Chocolate Cake!


David celebrated his 50th birthday yesterday. I was really upset I couldn't get out to get him a cake. At this time, I cannot drive due to the medicines I am on. David's children decided to take him to the Twin's game last night. So I decided I would take the pick-up and run to the store. Unfortunately, my son parked to close to the garage for me to get out. I ran to the computer and looked for a homemade cake recipe. Then I realized I had no milk. While surfing the web, I found a non-dairy recipe. I happened to have all the ingredients needed to make the cake. It isn't that bad. Below is the recipe I found.

3 c. flour
2 tsp. vinegar
2 c. sugar
2/3 c. salad oil
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
2 c. cold water
2 tsp. baking soda

In large bowl, mix by hand flour, sugar, salt, cocoa and baking soda. Add vinegar, salad oil, vanilla and water. Mix by hand. Bake at 350 degrees in 9x13 inch pan; test at 30-35 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean.

Oh, didn't have anything to make frosting. All David got was a plain chocolate cake! Went to store today and made peanut butter frosting for the cake. Ugh! Such drama I cause myself!

1 comment:

  1. Not drama, excitement. Thanks for your thoughtfulness and for what I am sure will be a delicious cake. XOXO

    ReplyDelete