Friday, September 9, 2011

Missing You!

When you don't have the chance to say goodbye to a loved one that has passed, it leaves a void in your heart.

I was adopted when I was about a year old. I met my biological mother when I was 15 years old. I started a relationship with her over the years. I truly loved her and needed her. She was the only person on earth that understood me. I am thankful for this. We did not stay in touch for about a decade. I reminded her of a bad time in her life when she lost me. She had trouble dealing with those emotions.

My biological mother passed away a couple of years ago. I didn't know she was sick and was in a nursing home. If I would have known, I would have made contact with her! Diabetes was the culprit taking her life. I also have diabetes and I have many of the symptoms she had in her later years. I wish I could have spoken with her during her last days. I would have told her I missed her and loved her. I feel guilty for not staying in touch. It was just so hard to call and hear her tone of voice. It made me feel unwanted! I know she loved me and missed me; however, she could not handle the past. I feel cheated not being able to say, "goodbye and I Miss You"!

No comments:

Post a Comment